I don't know why, but I've been craving avocados big time lately. For today's meal I decided to use some of my avocados in a creamy pesto sauce a top thick zucchini noodles. Mmm, this recipe was spot on and hit all the flavor notes I was going for. Plus, it was really easy to make since I just threw most of the ingredients in my food processor and boom, done! This recipe is so good, it had to be shared. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! ☺
Avocado Pesto Pasta
Ready in 15-20 minutes
- 3 small avocados, pitted
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A few pinches of sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 zucchini
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until everything is smooth and consistent.
- Spiralize two to three zucchini and place in a large bowl.
- Pour pesto sauce over the zucchini noodles, garnish with your favorite toppings (I used sundried tomatoes and pine nuts) and serve.