A couple years ago I came up with a banana-free cinnamon roll recipe, but kinda half-assed it and forgot about it until just the other day. I got a craving for cinnamon rolls out of nowhere and thought about how I could make my earlier recipe way better. It wasn't difficult and I must say I was very pleased with it! It is sweet, cinnamon-y, and full of ooey gooey goodness. And it's only 4 ingredients!! Next time I'm definitely going to make a double batch because these didn't last long at all. lol
COCONUT CINNAMON RAWLS
Ready in 7+ hours
Servings 8 rolls
- 4.5 cups Young Thai Coconut Meat
- 20 medjool dates
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- Blend the coconut meat in your blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Smooth the coconut mixture out onto a teflex sheet on your dehydrator tray into a large square that takes up most of the sheet.
- Dehydrate at 118 degrees F for 2 hours, then remove and flip onto the mesh sheet. Tip: Place another tray and sheet on top, then flip to make this process a breeze!
- Dehydrate for another hour.
- Blend the rest of your ingredients; dates, water, cinnamon, and ground vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- Smooth out the mixture onto your coconut sheet, then make 8 long, even slices with a sharp knife.
- Place everything back in your dehydrator for another 4 hours.
- Everything should be dry enough now that you can roll the cut slices into cinnamon rolls. If it is still too wet, let it dehydrate a little longer.
- Roll each slice into a cinnamon roll. They are now ready to eat! Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator to keep them fresh and enjoy!