I had a craving for zoodles (zucchini noodles) and was thinking of a sauce to top them with. I opted for an Asian inspired sauce that hits all the notes on the flavor palette (called umami). This sauce definitely hit all the right spots and was well balanced with the sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and savory. It was super easy to throw together too. All you need is a blender to mix all the ingredients together to a smooth consistency.
Green Umami Zoodles
Ready in 15-20 minutes
- 2 zucchini, spiralized (set aside in a bowl)
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- 1 tsp chlorella
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until everything is smooth and consistent.
- Spiralize the two zucchini and place in a medium bowl.
- Pour sauce over the zucchini noodles and serve.