Since I just shared a post giving some interesting research about date fruit and its benefits for labor and postpartum bleeding, I thought it would be fun to share some date recipes that I came up with to make these next couple weeks of date eating even more fun. This particular recipe is super easy to throw together and tastes so delicious you'll want to make it all the time! Between the coconut milk, dates, and lemon this drink is bursting with electrolytes (ie. minerals), vitamins, phytonutrients, and antioxidants all of which are super important to consume during your pregnancy, especially when you're getting to the home stretch. I hope you enjoy this drink as much as I do. I'm thinking about making some when I go into labor and chilling it for when I need it at the birthing center that way I'll have some quickly absorbable energy ready to go just for when I need it!
Lemon Meringue Pie Dateorade
Ready in 5 minutes
- 1 cup coconut water
- 6 dates (I used Barhi), pits removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- a small 1/2 inch piece of the lemon rind
- 1/4 cup nut milk (I used cashew milk)
- Place all ingredients in your high speed blender.
- Blend on high until everything is pulverized (about 60 seconds).
- Pour into a glass and drink. Mmm, enjoy! ☺