For a while I was obsessed with making my friend, Kelsey's, Raw Vegan Paradise Peach Pie, but now the stone fruit season is over and I can't find anymore ripe peaches. So, I decided to come up with a new pie crust recipe that would pair well with berries and this Chocolate Mousse Yogurt that I got from Coconut Cult. I decided to make a chocolate crust and altogether everything tasted incredible together! Just like Kelsey's crust, it's super easy to throw together and dress up so you can impress your friends/family with presentation.
Mixed Berry Chocolate Tarte (Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Ready in 15-20 minutes
- 3 cups hickory nuts (or you could use walnuts or pecans); soaked for 6-8 hours
- 8 medjool dates
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or coconut nectar)
- Place the hickory nuts in your food processor and blend until the nuts are semi-finely ground.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the maple syrup. Blend again until well combined.
- Pour the maple syrup into the food processor and blend again until the mixture clumps up into a thick dough.
- Scoop it out and use the dough to make 4 little tartes or one large pie crust. You can mold it into whatever shape you like!
- Top the tarte with mixed berries, chocolate coconut yogurt & cacao nibs or whatever you prefer. It's fun to get creative with these. Enjoy! ☺