So I came up with this thing called a waffle bowl a couple of summers ago by accident when experimenting with smoothie bowls. I came across some Sprouted Brazil Nut Butter at the store and decided to try it in my smoothie bowl in hopes that it might be a good stand-in for peanut butter since that is something I no longer have (since it's not raw and needs to be roasted to get that peanut butter flavor we know and love). When I tried it in my first smoothie bowl, I was surprised that it tasted like a waffle cone bowl to me. It was so delicious that I got hooked on them for a while until the store stopped carrying the brazil nut butter.
Flash forward to the other day when grocery shopping, I spotted my old favorite brazil nut butter and got the craving for one of my smoothie "waffle" bowls. ☺ I made it that day and was immediately transported to heaven via my tastebuds. Below are the measurements I used for this particular bowl. If you want an even more waffle bowl flavor, just add more brazil nut butter. Just keep in mind that it will increase the calories and fat (if you are into calorie/macro counting). Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Mmmm ... now I think I will go make another one! Hehe
Mixed Berry Acai Smoothie “Waffle” Bowl
Ready in 5 minutes
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (your choice)
- 1 packed frozen acai
- 1 tbsp goji berry powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- ½ cup nut milk (your choice)
- 2 oz Brazil nut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until everything is well combined (about 60 seconds).
- Pour into a large bowl, top with your favorite toppings, and eat up!
- Not sweet enough? Add some liquid stevia or monkfruit for a healthy, calorie-free boost or try a little coconut nectar, raw honey, or maple syrup!