I was inspired to make this recipe thanks to my friend, Eliot, who shared her amazing Raw Thai Coconut Soup the other week. I never would have thought to use young thai coconut to make a soup creamy, but that is exactly what it does! I had some fresh basil that needed to be used up so I thought why not try making a creamy tomato basil soup? So happy with how it turned out. It is thick, creamy, and bursting with flavor! I kept the ingredients pretty simple so it's easy to just throw into a blender and serve in a pinch because if you're like me, you need to make your free time count and can't spend all day in the kitchen!
Raw Chunky Tomato Basil Bisque
Ready in 5-10 minutes
Calories per serving: 233
- 2.25 cups young thai coconut meat
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (soaked for 15 minutes)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in your high speed blender. Blend until the mixture is well combined (takes 1-2 minutes).
- The mixture should be nice and chunky. However, if you like your soups smoother, feel free to add more water until it's the consistency you like.
Note: If you don't have access to young thai coconuts, you can order the meat online: https://www.exoticsuperfoods.com/products/young-thai-coconut-meat