I have a lot of young Thai Coconut meat on hand right now and have been thinking of different ways to use it besides just making coconut bacon all the time. Ha ha ha I don’t know if you know this, but this coconut meat is really delicious to use as noodles. You can slice it up to the thickness you want or even slice it up into little macaroni noodles! So here I am with this idea of a pasta but wasn’t sure what kind of sauce I wanted. Then the idea came to me to make a thick, creamy Alfredo sauce. I looked up a few recipes to get some ideas and then got to experimenting in the kitchen. This is what I came up with and I was so pleased with it! Super glad that I made this exact amount because it is enough for 3 to 4 meals depending on how much sauce you use on your noodles.
This is part of what makes the raw vegan lifestyle so fun for me. Some days I may just eat really simple things that involve no preparation like fresh fruit and other days I might feel like making myself a little bit of something gourmet that involves some preparation and creativity.
Ready in 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 554
1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 2 hours if you can)
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Two cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 - 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients in your high-speed blender and blend on medium high to high speed for about a minute or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of your favorite noodles. I initially sliced some young Thai coconut into fettuccine sized strips and poured the sauce on top. That was amazing!! The second time I poured the sauce on top of zucchini noodles and it was also phenomenal!