Here's another recipe from the vault that my bff, Gala and I came up with about 2 years ago (wow, does time fly!). We came up with this recipe as a way to use some of the fresh rosemary growing in her mom's garden. It turned out to be a hit right away and super addictive. What I love most about these coconut chips is that they are crunchy, flavorful, with a nice tang from the lemon. If you aren't into super tangy foods, then you will want to cut back on the lemon juice accordingly.
Fun fact: This was going to be a snack that we were going to sell under our company name, Oh My Rawness. We were going to call it Remember Me? Coconut Chips because rosemary is notorious for helping to improve memory.
Rosemary Garlic Lemon Coconut Chips
Ready in 8-12 hours
Servings around 20
- 10 cups raw coconut chips
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh rosemary
- 1 ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- With clean hands, mix all of the ingredients together until evenly coated.
- Preheat your dehydrator to 115 degrees F.
- Spread the coconut chips out on your dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate the coconut chips for 8-12 hours or until nice and crispy.
- Allow to cool for about one hour and then store in an airtight container.